Diorskin Forever foundation review
Updated: May 28, 2021
The product description on the Dior website says “With Dior Forever and its iconic long-wearing foundation formula, the complexion appears flawless and even, whatever the conditions (resistant to humidity and heat). Pores appear tightened, from morning to night. This voluptuous fluid foundation does not just instantly enhance the complexion: it improves its beauty day after day with a formula enriched in meticulously selected skincare ingredients to reveal the skin's full sensuality.
Dior Forever offers the skin a velvety matte finish. This foundation is also available in a radiant finish with Dior Forever Skin Glow.
A non-comedogenic, dermatologically tested foundation.”
According to the Dior website the formula is as follows “A hydration booster, pansy extract helps protect the skin from drying.* The skin is soothed and appears smoothed and radiant with beauty.
Protective rose hip extract, which has been the star ingredient of Dior Forever for years, helps protect the quality of skin from exterior aggressors and reduce the appearance of dilated pores. Application after application, the pores appear tightened and the skin's texture refined.
Beautifying pigments adjust to the skin's tone for a sensually enhanced complexion with an imperceptible makeup look and feel.”
I brought this product in the shade 2W for light skin with warm yellow undertones to match my skin tone. I applied the foundation with a regular size beauty blender. I would give this product 4 out of 5 stars. The reasons for this rating are as follows:
1. The formula glides on smoothly and feels luxurious, it blends into the skin quite seamlessly and is almost undetectable
2. However it gives good medium coverage that should be perfect for most people unless they have acne or other skin conditions. Therefore it should be suitable for most skin types. It was perfect for my combination skin type
3. It has a lovely fresh and expensive smelling scent
4. The foundation didn’t seem to have that much of a long-wearing formula despite claims. You could probably get through the day wearing this foundation without reapplying if you wore powder over it (like I did) however it is not transfer proof as a small amount came off on my scarf granted it was tied tightly around my neck
5. As the foundation is only medium coverage if you want a completely flawless look you would have to apply two layers of foundation